Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to enjoy our General Gaming, and Off-Topic (except Debates and Archives) categories at the following links:
http://www.g7gaming.net/c6-general-gaming
http://www.g7gaming.net/c7-off-topic

Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.

Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Xbox Academy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:23 pm

@NoelX2 wrote:
So I could join right now and just wait until the Xbox Academy is on?
Yup. The Xbox Academy section of the forums is open for discussion at this point in time. It's just the Xbox Academy news site that won't be up until February 21st.

Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave
Peon
Peon

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey guys,

This is The Dean from Academic Gaming Network. When I launched PlayStation University back in September of 2009, I did so as a stepping point for a larger idea. At the time, I had been let go from my position at a third-party gaming developer and had decided to just try and make something on my own. Within a month of creating PSUni, we established a relationship with an advertisement agency in record fashion (earning a contract in under a month is nearly unheard of). Due to this, it enabled a lot of the guys working behind the scenes to move our ideas forward and create them a lot quicker than originally planned.

After a successful first year running PlayStation University, where we managed to reach roughly 2,000,000 people over the course of that time, we were finally prepared to move forward with the next addition to the Academic Gaming family -- that being, Xbox Academy.

On December 1st, 2010, we launched the 2.0 version of PlayStation University and did so as well for Xbox Academy (http://xba.psuni.com/). At this time, access to the website was somewhat restricted, but we did have authors writing content for the site for backlogging purposes. If you happen to check it out, you'll notice that there is already a ton of Xbox 360 news covered on the website itself and that's just so that Search Engines can start indexing the webpage once we make it crawlable on February 21st (this Monday).

Once we were comfortable with how the Xbox Academy looked, we had to discuss the implementation of a new brand to the network with our agency and how to proceed from that point. It was at that point that General MLD was actually interested in coming on board and was originally going to aid me in running and Administrating the Xbox Academy side of things so that my work load was lessened. However, over the course of the last couple of months, we stopped keeping in touch and I've decided to just push everything forward regardless.

Anyway -- If you take the time to read some of the news content posted on Xbox Academy (http://xba.psuni.com/) you'll quickly figure out that there is no bias to the writing and that the information is straight forward and to the point. The general forum discussion within the community is of the same caliber as well and there are not many fanboys (maybe one or two) that are still around from the original launch of the website (which is expected considering who helped us get the word out via YouTube at the beginning).

If you happen to sign up to the forum and take part in the Xbox 360 discussion or any discussion for that matter and you feel that the conversation is going the wrong way and isn't what you'd expect from a neutral discussion forum, feel free to use the report function and I'll see the complaint when I log in. We'll always be sure to handle it and I'll get back to you personally, through PM if action was taken behind the scenes or not.

Forum communities grow based on the personalities and activity within them. While it's been great to have roughly 30-50 people commit to PlayStation University's forums over the past year, it's time to increase those numbers and increase the amount of user activity and conversation taking place. After all, it's good to see other people's point of views as well.

Anyway -- Feel free to sign up for the community. If it's not to your liking or your cup of tea, then at least you gave it a shot or you can send me a PM on the site to let me know what you feel would help it achieve that goal for you. Either way, we're looking to improve and grow and we'd really enjoy it if any of you decided to take part in the discussion as well.

Thanks,
The Dean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss

Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:27 pm

@ Dave

Thanks for the information. The site looks great so far.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn

Stature : 17
Everywhere Male
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:56 pm

TL;DR

Hehe...Well thanks Dean for posting. I might sign up later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast

Stature : 91
LittleBigP Male
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:31 pm

@Dave wrote:

Once we were comfortable with how the Xbox Academy looked, we had to discuss the implementation of a new brand to the network with our agency and how to proceed from that point. It was at that point that General MLD was actually interested in coming on board and was originally going to aid me in running and Administrating the Xbox Academy side of things so that my work load was lessened.

USERIUS?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn

Stature : 179
From Hell Male
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:04 am

For the love of god dont let that idiot MLD anywhere near Xbox Acaademy. He cant even run his own personal fanboy site and he will bring the wrong kind of people.

Thirty years ago, our homeworld was swept away in a tide of so called justice. Millions of men, women and children lost their lives. But some of us, refused to lay down and die. Some of us, refused to accept your shallow plea for forgiveness. We are the generation forged in the fires. And this, is our day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

Stature : 173
England Male
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:56 am

I'll probably join at some point but not right now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wolfyreviews.webs.com
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss

Stature : 176
The Gutter Male
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:56 am

MLD? Really?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy Male
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:59 am

lol. that place will Fail if you get MLD as a Admin or Mod. His Youtube Rep will bring fanboys to the site and just troll and spam

"A few honest men are better than numbers."

-Oliver Cromwell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave
Peon
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:55 am

Don't worry, he's no longer involved. It only took 2-3 days after I originally offered him the opportunity to realize it was a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast

LittleBigP Male

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:00 am

@Dave wrote:
Don't worry, he's no longer involved. It only took 2-3 days after I originally offered him the opportunity to realize it was a bad idea.

Good call, my man.

Anyway, I'm sure some of the userbase on here would love to join the next installment of the Academy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss

The Gutter Male

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:26 am

I've signed up to PSUni. The mods do a top job when it comes to up to date threads. Xbox Academy should be good. :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Two more days. I'm psyched. 8)

Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave
Peon
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Thanks everyone who signed up (I believe a couple of you did anyways). We're working on getting an Xbox skin up for the forum in order for you to choose which you'd like to use (PSUni or XBA).

Obviously tomorrow is launch day, so we'll be giving away 3 1600 XBL Point cards and 2 copies of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit in order to celebrate the launch.

Anywho -- appreciate the support and what not and have a great end to your weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss

The Gutter Male

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:15 pm

@Dave wrote:
Thanks everyone who signed up (I believe a couple of you did anyways). We're working on getting an Xbox skin up for the forum in order for you to choose which you'd like to use (PSUni or XBA).

Obviously tomorrow is launch day, so we'll be giving away 3 1600 XBL Point cards and 2 copies of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit in order to celebrate the launch.

Anywho -- appreciate the support and what not and have a great end to your weekend.

Is it some sort of competition? I wouldn't mind 1600 MSP . . . . Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave
Peon
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:47 am

For those interested -- we're finally open! I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast

LittleBigP Male

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:27 pm

@Dave wrote:

Congratulations on the release of the site, Dave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss

Male
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:03 pm

@Dave wrote:
Are you The Dean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father

Stature : 261
Male
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:16 pm

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
@Dave wrote:
Are you The Dean?
*sigh

Noel, once again, you seize to amaze me. Look at his first comment damnit.

Anyways, I joined.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.g7gaming.net
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy Male
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:34 pm

dunno if i should join.

Also. Sonji UNBAN ME