Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to enjoy our General Gaming, and Off-Topic (except Debates and Archives) categories at the following links:
http://www.g7gaming.net/c6-general-gaming
http://www.g7gaming.net/c7-off-topic

Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.


Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games
 
HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Xbox Academy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar


Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Xbox Academy   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:34 pm

The fine folks at Playstation University now bring you Xbox Academy as part of the Academic Gaming Network. Launching on February 21st, Xbox Academy will be a center of news, editorials, and reviews for Xbox 360. If you were reluctant to join Playstation University in the past due to only owning an Xbox 360, now you have no reason to avoid membership.

If I can get at least three people to join and become regulars, then that would be great. Even better, since I'm a writer at the new Xbox Academy, it'd be awesome to have you guys read my content and support the site.

Here's a thread explaining everything: http://www.psuni.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11618


Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
avatar

Stature : 25
Male
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:48 pm

PSuni was meh...


"The chances of surviving are...slim."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar


Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:31 pm

You're meh.


Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
avatar

Stature : 91
Male
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Wait wha-? I don't get it.




"Ate a Lunchable for dinner, nigga I ain't frontin.'"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
avatar


Stature : 261
Male
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:17 pm

@NoelX2 wrote:
Wait wha-? I don't get it.
Can it honestly be that hard to understand...?

Shmups these days. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.g7gaming.net
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
avatar

Stature : 91
Male
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Teckno wrote:
@NoelX2 wrote:
Wait wha-? I don't get it.
Can it honestly be that hard to understand...?

Shmups these days. Razz
I dont get it. Dont judge me meany.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar


Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:33 pm

@NoelX2 wrote:
Wait wha-? I don't get it.
Let's do a little history lesson then. Playstation University opened up in September of 2009. Originally, it focused on Playstation products such as the PS2, PS3, and PSP. Plans for expansion to other platforms were looked into last year. The site and the forum received a redesign on December 1st, 2010, and now the site is expanding to cover Xbox 360 news on February 21st, 2011.

I will be writing for the new expansion of the site, so please check it out and check out the forum as well, which is available for discussion of gaming on all platforms. We're all a tightly-knit community, and we're all friendly.


Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
avatar

Stature : 17
Everywhere Male
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:58 pm

The overwhelming majority are still PS3 fans/fanboys.

I don't want to join a site filled with elitests.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stigma
Boss
Boss
avatar

Stature : 117
US Male

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:51 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
The overwhelming majority are still PS3 fans/fanboys.

I don't want to join a site filled with elitests.

That's exactly why I'm joining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
avatar

Stature : 109
U.S.A. Male
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:40 pm

Still sucks compared to this forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar


Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Fans, maybe. Definitely not fanboys. The only time the site had fanboys was when it first launched in 2009. Now, I can't think of any fanboys on the site.

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Still sucks compared to this forum.
Right, because this forum has a front page powered by WordPress, front page to forum integration, the ability to link your Raptr, Steam, XBL, and PSN accounts to the forum, special groups with special privileges outside of moderators, and a mature community*. eye roll

Okay, sure.

*that's not to say all of you are immature, but many of the threads go off-topic. I remember one thread started off with discussion about a game and ended with something about their mothers fucking dildos. I mean, seriously.


Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.



Last edited by TRF on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
avatar

Stature : 39
in front of computer Male
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Maybe i'll join to troll or something
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar


Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:46 pm

@igame wrote:
Maybe i'll join to troll or something
That's the spirit! Razz


Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
UltraZFury
Merchant
Merchant
avatar

Stature : 1
Australia Male
Playing : Maxed out

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:55 am

TRF wrote:
Fans, maybe. Definitely not fanboys. The only time the site had fanboys was when it first launched in 2009. Now, I can't think of any fanboys on the site.

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Still sucks compared to this forum.
Right, because this forum has a front page powered by WordPress, front page to forum integration, the ability to link your Raptr, Steam, XBL, and PSN accounts to the forum, special groups with special privileges outside of moderators, and a mature community*. eye roll

Okay, sure.

*that's not to say all of you are immature, but many of the threads go off-topic. I remember one thread started off with discussion about a game and ended with something about their mothers fucking dildos. I mean, seriously.

That's what makes this forum... unique.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ultrazfury.cz.cc
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar


Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:38 am

@UltraZFury wrote:
That's what makes this forum... unique.
I don't think you want to be proud of your . . . uniqueness.


Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
avatar

Stature : 91
LittleBigP Male
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:35 am

TRF wrote:

*that's not to say all of you are immature, but many of the threads go off-topic. I remember one thread started off with discussion about a game and ended with something about their mothers fucking dildos. I mean, seriously.

That's what makes forums entertaining 8)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
avatar

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy Male
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:57 pm

TRF we forbid you to leave. so go sit on your chair now. also you hate xbox and those guys will hate you for it Razz

PLZZ STAYYY :ultracry:



"A few honest men are better than numbers."

-Oliver Cromwell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
avatar

Stature : 176
The Gutter Male
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:18 pm

I already have an account on PSUni, will that be enough? Or will I need to set up another one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
avatar

Stature : 25
Male
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:01 pm

I do not remember that thread XD but PSuni's community was not that good. I will stick with this site.


"The chances of surviving are...slim."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar


Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:49 pm

@Stoney wrote:
I already have an account on PSUni, will that be enough? Or will I need to set up another one?
The site is linked so that you can now access the PSUni news site and the XBA news site using your forum account.


Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
avatar

Stature : 17
Everywhere Male
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:36 pm

Fan or fanboys I don't care what you want to call them. They all mean the same shit to me. You are telling me a predominantly Playstation centric site all of the sudden becomes pro-general gaming and looses all it's fanboys instantly because an Xbox section was created? lol. Maybe overtime fanboyism in that site will die out, but for now I'll just sit back and camp it out.

PS3 fanboys are notrious for shoving opinions down peoples throats and calling them facts. Most PS3 fanboys don't even know the difference between an opinion and a fact. I can't tell you how many times I've had to link them to dictionary.com to explain the difference. Xbots are annoying because they seem to bring in useless sales statistics that no one gives a shit about in an arguement, but IMO they are a little less irritating.

This forum has no fanboys though. Everyone has an opinion but no one seems to force it onto others. And I firmly believe that a general gaming forum has to be created from the ground up with that idea in mind, and cannot just transform into one overtime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar


Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Fan or fanboys I don't care what you want to call them. They all mean the same shit to me. You are telling me a predominantly Playstation centric site all of the sudden becomes pro-general gaming and looses all it's fanboys instantly because an Xbox section was created? lol. Maybe overtime fanboyism in that site will die out, but for now I'll just sit back and camp it out.

PS3 fanboys are notrious for shoving opinions down peoples throats and calling them facts. Most PS3 fanboys don't even know the difference between an opinion and a fact. I can't tell you how many times I've had to link them to dictionary.com to explain the difference. Xbots are annoying because they seem to bring in useless sales statistics that no one gives a shit about in an arguement, but IMO they are a little less irritating.

This forum has no fanboys though. Everyone has an opinion but no one seems to force it onto others. And I firmly believe that a general gaming forum has to be created from the ground up with that idea in mind, and cannot just transform into one overtime.
No one is going to force their opinion down your throat or anyone's throat. It stopped having fanboys long before Xbox Academy was even announced. The plan was to always make a general gaming forum, but it would start off as a Playstation site since that has been a favorite console brand of The Dean (the site's creator) in order to establish a firm userbase.

You are seriously mistaken if you think it is a fanboy forum. Despite the fact that it was Playstation University, it's still one of the most neutral forums I've ever been on. Yes, even more neutral than this general gaming site.


Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
avatar

Stature : 17
Everywhere Male
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:12 pm

TRF wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
Fan or fanboys I don't care what you want to call them. They all mean the same shit to me. You are telling me a predominantly Playstation centric site all of the sudden becomes pro-general gaming and looses all it's fanboys instantly because an Xbox section was created? lol. Maybe overtime fanboyism in that site will die out, but for now I'll just sit back and camp it out.

PS3 fanboys are notrious for shoving opinions down peoples throats and calling them facts. Most PS3 fanboys don't even know the difference between an opinion and a fact. I can't tell you how many times I've had to link them to dictionary.com to explain the difference. Xbots are annoying because they seem to bring in useless sales statistics that no one gives a shit about in an arguement, but IMO they are a little less irritating.

This forum has no fanboys though. Everyone has an opinion but no one seems to force it onto others. And I firmly believe that a general gaming forum has to be created from the ground up with that idea in mind, and cannot just transform into one overtime.
No one is going to force their opinion down your throat or anyone's throat. It stopped having fanboys long before Xbox Academy was even announced. The plan was to always make a general gaming forum, but it would start off as a Playstation site since that has been a favorite console brand of The Dean (the site's creator) in order to establish a firm userbase.

You are seriously mistaken if you think it is a fanboy forum. Despite the fact that it was Playstation University, it's still one of the most neutral forums I've ever been on. Yes, even more neutral than this general gaming site.

Meh I'll join later and maybe destroy some fanboys. I'll help you guys out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
avatar


Stature : 309
New York Male
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Meh I'll join later and maybe destroy some fanboys. I'll help you guys out.
lol, okay, even though you won't have any fanboys to destroy. Razz


Three-time consecutive winner of G7's Member of the Year Award. Obtained the love of everyone on the planet, except for my parents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
avatar

Stature : 91
Male
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:21 pm

So I could join right now and just wait until the Xbox Academy is on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Xbox Academy   

Back to top Go down
 
Xbox Academy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: G7 Community :: Announcements-
Jump to: