Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to enjoy our General Gaming, and Off-Topic (except Debates and Archives) categories at the following links:
http://www.g7gaming.net/c6-general-gaming
http://www.g7gaming.net/c7-off-topic

Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.

Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

"I'm not a Big Fan of Xbox One and a Half" - Phil Spencer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

Stature : 414
Male

PostSubject: "I'm not a Big Fan of Xbox One and a Half" - Phil Spencer   Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:56 am

Quote :
"I’m not a big fan of Xbox One and a half. If we’re going to move forward, I want to move forward in big numbers," Spencer said. "I don’t know anything about any of the rumors that are out there, but I can understand other teams’ motivations to do that. For us, our box is doing well. It performs, it’s reliable, the servers are doing well. If we’re going to go forward with anything, like I said, I want it to be a really substantial change for people – an upgrade."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/04/01/i-m-not-a-big-fan-of-xbox-one-and-a-half-says-xbox-boss-phil-spencer.aspx?utm_content=buffer825d4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Meanwhile, there are currently rumors of a PS4 "and a half" referred to as PS4K (seriously.) It's supposed to handle VR better with some form of 4k output (probably to watch movies in 4k quality.) Either way, if Sony goes through with such an iteration, then I'm done with Sony as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter

Stature : 194
Male

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not a Big Fan of Xbox One and a Half" - Phil Spencer   Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:30 am

PS4K is going to leave a lot of PS4 owners feeling alienated.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

Male

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not a Big Fan of Xbox One and a Half" - Phil Spencer   Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:25 am

@Mecha wrote:

If Sony does it, I'm not buying another PlayStation from them.

The PS4 is still lacking any major GREAT exclusive. It has, maybe, 1 (Bloodborne), since 2013. It's at the point where I feel like I wasted some good money that could've gone elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter

Male

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not a Big Fan of Xbox One and a Half" - Phil Spencer   Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:00 am

@RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha wrote:

The PS4 is still lacking any major GREAT exclusive. It has, maybe, 1 (Bloodborne), since 2013. It's at the point where I feel like I wasted some good money that could've gone elsewhere.

Wait a minute, PS4 is a gaming console?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu

Stature : 242
Male
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not a Big Fan of Xbox One and a Half" - Phil Spencer   Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:01 pm

@Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha wrote:

Yeah, if you actually buy and play games for it.

Tits are life

ass is hometown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

Male

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not a Big Fan of Xbox One and a Half" - Phil Spencer   Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:20 am

@2Sugoi2Die wrote:
@Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha wrote:

Yeah, if you actually buy and play games for it.

Implying there are any.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father

Stature : 261
Male
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not a Big Fan of Xbox One and a Half" - Phil Spencer   Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:37 pm

PS4K will flop if it's built on an upgrade in terms of being optimized for 4K tv's. 4k isn't mainstream yet.

The best part of waking up, is Folgers in your cup!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter

Male

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not a Big Fan of Xbox One and a Half" - Phil Spencer   Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:20 pm

I don't think 4K will be mainstream in a very long time. The only way it will become the standard is when companies decide to discontinue 1080p TVs. But they sell like a shit load of money, so companies would have to be stupid to stop selling 1080p TVs now. Besides, 4K looks amazing and all, but if you never cared about owning one of the best TVs out there then you're not going to care about 4K that much either. 1080p still looks fucking good. If you don't plan of having a theater-like set up in your house, then there is really no point in 4K all that much.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not a Big Fan of Xbox One and a Half" - Phil Spencer   

Back to top Go down

"I'm not a Big Fan of Xbox One and a Half" - Phil Spencer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: Game Industry :: General Gaming-
Jump to: