Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to enjoy our General Gaming, and Off-Topic (except Debates and Archives) categories at the following links:
http://www.g7gaming.net/c6-general-gaming
http://www.g7gaming.net/c7-off-topic

Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.

Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

Stature : 173
England Male
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:40 pm

Okay, we've all had a laugh at the fake versus threads before. Now here's the fairest one I can do, with the closest comparisons as possible! I'm submitting now so I don't lose my progress. I will keep updating this.

3DS: Resident Evil Revelations

PSV: Resident Evil Revelations 2

3DS: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries

PSV: Unit 13

3DS: Xenoblade Chronicle (New 3DS Only)

PSV: Sword Art Online: Lost Song

3DS: Monster Hunter 4

PSV: Toukiden Kiwami

3DS: Beyond The Labyrinth

PSV: Uncharted: Golden Abyss

3DS: Ironfall Invasion

PSV: Unit 13 (again)

3DS: Street Fighter IV

PSV: Street Fighter X Tekken

3DS: Dead Or Alive: Dimensions

PSV: Dead Or Alive 5 Plus

3DS: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D

PSV: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater HD

3DS: Ridge Racer 3D

PSV: Ridge Racer

3DS: Asphalt 3D

PSV: Asphalt Injection

Last edited by Orc on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:55 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wolfyreviews.webs.com
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon

Stature : 342
Canada Male
Playing : Dungeon Travellers 2
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:55 pm

Man, 3DS screens are so tiny.

What can give strength to this seed? All she needs is to be loved by only one grain of sand from all over the desert. All you need is to tell her how beautiful dandelions are...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:02 pm

@Angelus wrote:
Man, 3DS screens are so tiny.

Sadly the 3DS resolution is only 400x240 across ALL models including the New XL! So they are stretched quite a bit, whereas the Vita resolution is 960x544 which on my monitor comes up as massively bigger than the actual Vita screen xD

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter

Stature : 194
Male

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:47 am

Vita obviously looks better, but it has no games.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:49 am

@Mecha wrote:

3DS has about 290 games, Vita has about 210 games.
I don't think 80 games difference = no games. Either both have no games, or both have games. Stop being a retard. Especially since Vita is region free, meaning tons of Japanese titles are fully playable on it, and can be imported with ease!

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter

Stature : 194
Male

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:59 am

@Orc wrote:
@Mecha wrote:

3DS has about 290 games, Vita has about 210 games.
I don't think 80 games difference = no games. Either both have no games, or both have games. Stop being a retard. Especially since Vita is region free, meaning tons of Japanese titles are fully playable on it, and can be imported with ease!

You mean like this...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon

Canada Male

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:42 am

All the 3DS' best games are censored to shit by Nintendo, lol.

What can give strength to this seed? All she needs is to be loved by only one grain of sand from all over the desert. All you need is to tell her how beautiful dandelions are...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu

Stature : 242
Male
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:51 pm

Was going to get Bravery Second but after censorship. No deal.

Tits are life

ass is hometown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon

Canada Male

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:03 pm

Such a pointless censor too, as if abbos are even close to being that sensitive.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:48 pm

@Angelus wrote:
Such a pointless censor too, as if abbos are even close to being that sensitive.

I can't stand censorship in video games. Gamers have never cared about "offensive" content and always fought against the censorious right. Why are we just letting the totalitarian censorious left walk all over us?

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:22 pm

@2Sugoi2Die wrote:

Why would you choose to not buy a game simply because of a minor censor though?

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss

Stature : 117
US Male

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:42 am

@Orc wrote:
@2Sugoi2Die wrote:

On principal maybe? That's why I'm not getting it. The reason why shit like this happens is because SJW's aren't trying to convince gamers that games are sexists, they are trying to convince the ignorant non gamers that they are. That's why Anita Sarkeesian went on ABC news, it's just a bunch of old people who know nothing of the gaming industry watching that and then they go vote for a pro censorship politician. That's also why her and Zoe Quinn went to the UN to bitch about it. SJW's are just trying to put political pressure on devs so they censor their own games. But in the end these game companies just lose sales since SJW's aren't gamers anyways and weren't going to buy their games. In fact Anita Sarkeesian stole game footage from let's players to use on her tropes vs women in video games video series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu

Male

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:14 pm

Sorry for the late reply. I know the reason why but it was hard to explain.

Some games from Based Nippon gets certain scenes censored or remove to avoid the AO (Adults Only) rating to ensure that their games gets publish on home consoles and handhelds. Though, I do not agree with censorship but I can understand why these things might became an issue with western division of Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft since they don't allow AO rated games on their systems despite the number of extremely violent games you can find on their systems.

Problem what Nintendo is doing is that they are censoring very minor things because they think it might offend people. Do they really think soccer moms will buy their 13 and under kids games like Xenoblade X, Bravery and Fire Emblem? They are really censoring their games for no body.

Tits are life

ass is hometown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:50 pm

@Stigma wrote:
@Orc wrote:
@2Sugoi2Die wrote:

On principal maybe? That's why I'm not getting it. The reason why shit like this happens is because SJW's aren't trying to convince gamers that games are sexists, they are trying to convince the ignorant non gamers that they are. That's why Anita Sarkeesian went on ABC news, it's just a bunch of old people who know nothing of the gaming industry watching that and then they go vote for a pro censorship politician. That's also why her and Zoe Quinn went to the UN to bitch about it. SJW's are just trying to put political pressure on devs so they censor their own games. But in the end these game companies just lose sales since SJW's aren't gamers anyways and weren't going to buy their games. In fact Anita Sarkeesian stole game footage from let's players to use on her tropes vs women in video games video series.

@2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Sorry for the late reply. I know the reason why but it was hard to explain.

Some games from Based Nippon gets certain scenes censored or remove to avoid the AO (Adults Only) rating to ensure that their games gets publish on home consoles and handhelds. Though, I do not agree with censorship but I can understand why these things might became an issue with western division of Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft since they don't allow AO rated games on their systems despite the number of extremely violent games you can find on their systems.

Problem what Nintendo is doing is that they are censoring very minor things because they think it might offend people. Do they really think soccer moms will buy their 13 and under kids games like Xenoblade X, Bravery and Fire Emblem? They are really censoring their games for no body.

Fair enough guys. I'm just worried that if a lot of people did that, it may have a reverse effect in that the developers think the games themselves aren't really that popular in the west. This is why we should all support petition campaigns like #1MillionGamersStrong

Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu

Male

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:08 pm

Publishers like NISA, Idea Factory, XSEED, Atlus, Marvelous should already know that the games they publish are niche and only requires a small turnover to profit. Any alterations from original Japanese versions may hurt the game sales. A good example when NISA censored Mugen Souls (Shit game btw), it didn't sell well and limited editions were still up for sale after 2 years of its release. One of people who localized the game did a live stream pretty much begging people to buy Mugen Souls. Obviously, NISA didn't learn from this and continues to censor games without actually going through the rating boards.

Online petitions are pretty much jokes unfortunately. Many people who support it really going to import DOAX?

Tits are life

ass is hometown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

Stature : 298
UK Female
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:49 pm

Just fucking buy the game, it's better than nothing and it has no real bearing or impact on the game, you are just being as much of a baby as the people who are offended by this nonsense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu

Male

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:54 pm

@Orion wrote:
Just fucking buy the game, it's better than nothing and it has no real bearing or impact on the game, you are just being as much of a baby as the people who are offended by this nonsense.

My money, these guys can't force me to buy and stop me for giving my reasons why.

Tits are life

ass is hometown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison   

Back to top Go down

3DS/Vita Graphics Comparison
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: Game Industry :: General Gaming-