Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to enjoy our General Gaming, and Off-Topic (except Debates and Archives) categories at the following links:
http://www.g7gaming.net/c6-general-gaming
http://www.g7gaming.net/c7-off-topic

Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.

Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon

Stature : 342
Canada Male
Playing : Dungeon Travellers 2
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:30 pm

http://www.reddit.com/r/GirlGamers/comments/2vmdpw/hey_guys_im_doing_a_video_essay_for_my_feminist/coizq91

What can give strength to this seed? All she needs is to be loved by only one grain of sand from all over the desert. All you need is to tell her how beautiful dandelions are...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter

Stature : 194
Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:19 am

Wait what? I thought male characters in fighting games were usually shirtless?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

Stature : 173
England Male
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:50 am

What a mangina faggot. White knighting in the hope to get laid. I need to address this head-on.

Lara Croft was made to be sexy, yes. Why? Because who played games. Men. Women weren't interested in games generally. That being said, my sister played Lara Croft when it first came out and enjoyed it. Was she complaining about the sexy-ness of Lara? No because she was a strong badass who just happened to have triangular tits.

As for fighting games, I think this mangina is pushing the goalposts a bit. I mean he's overlooking the fact that the representation of male characters is just as ridiculous (they all seems stupid). While the women might have bouncy boobs, the men generally are bare-chested and bare-foot in many cases. I suppose it's just because that's a traditional way of fighting. But you can easily make cases about how it's got "troublesome" representation. Like the men are all stupidly macho, it's extreme and you could say it's judgemental about males and how it makes fun of their masculinity, or something.  

As for the "disgusting display of reducing women to sexual objects".... is it okay for the games to reduce men into sexual objects for the women playing? I can honestly say my sister enjoyed fighting games much more than I ever did. When there are overly sexualized women like Ivy in Soul Calibur, I think she found it more amusing than anything else. Or she'd refer to her as a slut- but still enjoy playing as her, when she wasn't playing as the attractive male characters. OMG IS THAT SLUT SHAMING?!? Looks like you can't win.

As for Japanese games in general, well yes then you WILL see a bit more of this "objectification" out there, and you know what? That's FINE. It sells. Don't criticize the company for making something that is popular unless you're willing to sacrifice shit like 50 shades of grey and all your romance novels that objectifies men. And that is precisely it. Video games is a medium for men and it has quite a lot of sexy ladies for the men to enjoy looking at. Romance novels is a medium for women and it has a lot of sexy men and empowered women having their way with them.

ERMAHGERD SER SERXERST (do a quick google image search of "romance novels" and count the bare chests)

Well at least OP ends it on a fairly laid back note. Still sounds retarded.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wolfyreviews.webs.com
Toxicmaniac
Final Boss, 2nd Form
Final Boss, 2nd Form

Stature : 190
Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:18 am

r/girlgamers is a misogynistic subreddit that bans women who disagrees with their blatant bullcrap idea that all women are oppressed in gaming.

Aside from the fact that most women see no problem with sexy girls in bikinis. His claim that male characters are fully clothed is a blatant lie, pure propaganda.

People like him are pushing away women from the gaming industry.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:50 am

Remember, this movie is going to make a lot of money at the box-office this weekend...

Think about that for a second.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon

Canada Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:15 am

Yeah, dude obviously doesn't have much experience with fighters. Or Japanese games, lol. The girls o r/JRPG, nichegamer, or even my own gf would like a word with him.

What can give strength to this seed? All she needs is to be loved by only one grain of sand from all over the desert. All you need is to tell her how beautiful dandelions are...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

Stature : 298
UK Female
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:27 am

Lykos how old is your sister?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss

Stature : 176
The Gutter Male
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:37 pm

I've never seen a good looking feminist. Random thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:48 pm

@Stoney wrote:
I've never seen a good looking feminist. Random thought.

I've seen a pretty average looking one. Wouldn't say very good looking, but moderately so. She's a uni student though and I suppose they're all feminists then... until they grow up. She was a right cunt anyway.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:14 pm

^ pretty much

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

UK Female

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:18 am

if u hate women so much then ur probably a fucking queer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:46 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

Stature : 414
Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:04 pm

@Orc wrote:

Third wave feminism is one of the worst movements in recent history. I so badly hope that it'll die off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon

Canada Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Screwing up Canada right now. https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FreedomOfTweets&src=tyah

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:43 pm

I watched part of that stream. My heart wiiill go oooonnnn

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon

Canada Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:11 pm

@Orc wrote:

The song was the only part I missed, lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:56 pm

@Angelus wrote:
@Orc wrote:

Milo's surprisingly good at singing. I was prepared to laugh but was actually fairly impressed. lol

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon

Canada Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:27 am

@Orc wrote:
@Angelus wrote:
@Orc wrote:

Milo's surprisingly good at singing. I was prepared to laugh but was actually fairly impressed. lol

Well, he is a massive faggot.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

Stature : 414
Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:12 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

UK Female

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Lol at you guys circlejerking over fucking Breitbart(The American Daily Mail) just because it's anti-feminism and anti-sjw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon

Canada Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:02 pm

dafuq you even talking about?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

UK Female

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:33 pm

@Angelus wrote:
dafuq you even talking about?
Amazing, the circlejerkers don't even realise the circlejerk they are in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:32 pm

@Orion wrote:
Lol at you guys circlejerking over fucking Breitbart(The American Daily Mail) just because it's anti-feminism and anti-sjw.

You realize the quality of writing there? They are first to break some massive news stories because they've got incredible investigative reporting and excellent writers. Read Breitbart Tech you faggot!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games   

Back to top Go down

A Male Redditor's Take on Women in Games
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: Game Industry :: General Gaming-
Jump to: